Fast, easy to prepare and delicious
1. Heat Pressure Cooker on high, add oil and brown lamb in 2 batches. Set meat aside.
2. Reduce heat, add shallots and cook, covered, for 3 minutes on medium.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
4. Pour contents into bowl.
5. Insert rack into Pressure Cooker and place shanks onto rack. Pour sauce over the shanks
6. Add lid. Close and lock Pressure Cooker. Bring to pressure on high heat using setting 2, approximately 2-3 minutes (Pressure is reached when the red Pressure Indicator has risen).
7. Reduce heat to low and cook for 45 minutes. If you can wait 1 hour, even better
8. Release pressure. Remove lid and extract lamb shanks by lifting it out on rack.
9. Serve with mashed potato.
Chicken could be used in place of lamb
Very nice, the meat was so tender! Interesting there is Vegemite in this recipe!
The lamb shanks turned out great - great flavour, although I did use other ingredients, meat fell off the bone, the dog got those. So everyone enjoyed it!
Really easy to put together & wait for it all to happen. Smells delicious & tastes awesome. I exchanged the onions & garlic for fennel & ginger & the thyme for rosemary & other random spices. The family loved it!
So easy and so delicious. My first pressure cooker dish. My boys loved it
Yum yum meat just melted off the bone 😜